Friday, December 31, 2010

Scenes from 2010

Why is it that every year people always say that the year just flew by?  Do the years ever go by slowly?  Perhaps, for me, 2010 flew by faster than other years, but not significantly faster than 2008 or 2009, at least from what I can remember.  Since this blog has taken off and photography has consumed my life, I thought I would post some images that represent the basis of my work from 2010.  Cityscape, night, and street photography is what I've been primarily doing.  There will be many changes and improvements coming to Your Daily Dose in 2011, so stay tuned.  Thanks for stopping by and supporting the blog, this would all be worthless without your interest!   
  
"Nightviews." This scene is overlooking portions of Streeterville and River North from the Hancock Center.  Michigan Avenue is lite up to the left.       


"3 White Hats."  At times street photography can be so challenging that even focusing properly is difficult.  This photo was taken through an indoor window at Union Station.  I had to take the shot rather quickly so the guy on his phone wouldn't notice me.                        
"Working Late."  Street photography does not necessarily need the street in the scene in order to create a street photograph.  Since the sun has been setting at around 4:30 PM, I've been practicing most of my photography at night.  Many of my images involve "shadow people."  I've been trying to make the most of it.  

"Hawks Bring It Home."  One of the many exciting things about photography is that it allows for opportunities in photojournalism.  On June 11, 2010 the Chicago Blackhawks rolled down Washington Street celebrating the return of the Stanley Cup to Chicago after a 49 years.  It was difficult getting quality shots with the crowd in front of me and the parade constantly on the move.  Pictured directly above is Jonathan Toews lifting the the Stanley Cup and Patrick Kane popping champagne.  In the third image down Toews is lifting his MVP trophy for the crowd.

2 comments: