Thursday, February 17, 2011

Evening Rush, Red Line


During the first day of the blizzard I was heading home and decided to take some pictures on the platform at the State and Lake subway.  As I started shooting, a CTA employee standing to my right immediately demanded I put my camera away.  The man approaching in the blue scarf came to my defense and questioned the logic of her request.  Since I have been aware that the CTA frowns upon the use of cameras, I didn't argue with her, but instead kindly put my camera away.  I need to look into the transit authority's policies on photography in more detail.  This is a good example of making sure you are constantly aware of your surroundings.  I was able to get a few shots in before I was reprimanded, but next time I'll try shooting from the hip.


2 comments:

  1. Really? Somebody scolded you for taking pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah....you've brought back good memories!

    ReplyDelete