Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Model City



Given my fascination with great architecture it is only fitting that the Model City exhibit would be one of my favorite Chicago displays.  Located in the Atrium Gallery of the Chicago Architecture Foundation at 224 S. Michigan Avenue, I often find myself wondering inside.  Whenever I visit I’m always reminded of Alec Baldwin’s character Adam Maitland in the movie Bettlejuice.  No one could forget the scale model Adam crafted of the Connecticut town in which the movie was based.  One day, when I have enough disposable income, my plan is to purchase this model to put in my attic :)

My only disappointment is that the model ends at Oak Street.  It would have been nice if they had extended it to North Avenue to cover the entire Gold Coast.

1 comment:

  1. Wow, Chicago is packed with lots of skyscrapers!
    Amazing.

    ReplyDelete